Best Book Award
Best Book Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for this Higher Education SIG Award:
- Eligible books are published within a 12-month period prior to the annual July 1st HESIG Awards Nomination Deadline (e.g., from 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2010 for the 2010 HESIG Awards Nomination Deadline).
- Eligible nominees must be a member of the CIES Higher Education SIG. However, CIES members who are not members of the SIG and non-CIES members will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Books must be submitted in English.
- Nominated books or edited volumes must focus on international and comparative issues of higher education.
- Books can be of a conceptual or empirical nature, from any research paradigm that provides a unique contribution to developing scholarship in the field of international and comparative higher education, and show originality and rigor.