Student Travel Awards
The HESIG is proud to offer graduate student travel awards to expand the opportunity for more graduate students to be able to attend the CIES annual conference. This travel award is funded by the CIES HESIG. All graduate student members of the HESIG are invited to submit applications.
Two scholarships for $400 will be awarded annually.
The scholarship can be utilized for reimbursement of airfare, hotel, or conference registration. All awards will be disbursed to the student’s college scholarship office. Scholarships are awarded based on the quality of the application, institutional representation, and attention to diversity, including consideration to applicants traveling from outside of North America.
All applications will be reviewed and ranked by a HESIG Scholarship Review Committee.
- Student must be enrolled in a comparative and international or affiliated graduate program.
- Student must be a member of CIES HESIG.
- Student must have a proposal accepted for the upcoming annual CIES HESIG conference.
- Student must participate at the HESIG Business meeting at the upcoming annual CIES conference. Exception will be granted upon presentation and/or travel conflicts.
- Student must complete the application package.
- Student must complete a project that disseminates their presentation, such as submission of an editorial piece for the HESIG newsletter or the Journal of Comparative and International Higher Education (JCIHE).
- Successful applicants will receive their funds on-site at the HESIG annual meeting.
- Applications due each year for the upcoming annual conference: December 20
- Award Recipients announced: January 15
To download the travel grant application instructions, please click here.